If you haven't picked up The Summer Set's debut album "Love Like This" you are missing out on one of the hottest record releases of the year! Debby Ryan even recently told us that her favorite song off the new Summer Set album is also one of ours, a track called "Young." We had Jess Bowen and Brian Dales from The Summer Set answer a few fun questions. Keep reading to find out the answers and be sure to visit Amazon.com to purchase your very own copy of this fantastic album!
1. Can you first tell our readers a little about yourself and how The Summer Set came together? Well I'm Jess, and I play drums in the band. Stephen, John, and I have been playing music together for about six or seven years now, and we went through many different band names and some member changes. Finally in 2007 we started The Summer Set when Brian was the first to answer our myspace bulletin saying we were in need of a new singer. From then on everything just fell into place.&
2. Who are some of your musical inspirations? As far as drummers go, I really look up to Travis Barker, Sheila E, Karen Carpenter, and Brad Hargreaves.
3. What's it like in the recording studio with you? Do you ever fight about how to write or record a song? I am pretty laid back in the studio. I like to bounce ideas off of the guys when it comes to drum beats and what not, but we rarely ever fight over drums. I think it's natural for band's to argue while in the studio, but in the end it always works itself out.
4. What do you typically imagine your fans doing while they are listening to your music? I sometimes imagine fans listening to our CD while at a party of some sort. Our music is pretty positive and fun so I would hope people like to listen to it while having a good time.
5. If you switched bodies with each other, who would you be and why? I would want to be John because I have always wanted to play guitar.. and everyone pretty much loves him.
6. Jess, what's it like to be in a band with four guys? How do you survive? It's a lot of fun actually. There are definitely times when it sucks to be the only girl, but I couldn't ever imagine touring in a band with four other girls. If the guys ever start annoying me all I have to do is put on my headphones and watch a movie or listen to music.
7. You guys seem like a really fun band. What are some crazy things that have happened on the road? There's too many to actually come up with one! We get ourselves into some weird situations. There was one time in Chicago that we were invited to someone's house, and it ended up being a rave.
8. What advice do you have for other upcoming bands? Be persistent! It takes a lot of work and time to get your band known, but just keep at it and work hard and it will eventually come.
9. If you were a fly whose wall where would you land on? In the least creepy way possible, I would have to say Tom Welling.
1. Can you first tell our readers a little about yourself and how The Summer Set came together? I'm Brian and I sing for The Summer Set. We came together a little over 2 years ago when John, Stephen, and Jess's old band broke up. They found me then Josh shortly after and The Summer Set began.
2. Who are some of your musical inspirations? I love pop music and a lot of singer/songwriters. My favorite artists are Bruce Springsteen, The Format, Taylor Swift, John Mayer, etc.
3. What's it like in the recording studio with you? Do you ever fight about how to write or record a song? We do fight because we all have a lot of different musical influences but usually our differences blend together and gives us a better song in the end.
4. What do you typically imagine your fans doing while they are listening to your music? I hope they're having a good time when they're listening to our music. We just want our fans to feel good.
5. If you switched bodies with each other, who would you be and why? Definitely John. I'm really curious to find out what it's like being him. It's like he lives on his own separate planet.
6. You guys seem like a really fun band. What are some crazy things that have happened on the road? On The What Happens in Vegas tour we checked into a hotel on Ohio and found out that there was a wedding reception in the lobby. We bolted up to our room and got dressed up nicely and went back down and crashed the wedding. We got caught immediately but we made friends with the family and they loved us. It was probably the funniest night of my entire life.
7. What advice do you have for other upcoming bands? Believe in yourselves. Work hard and practice a ton. Play a lot of shows in your local and regional areas and build up a strong fanbase. Social networking sites like Myspace and Twitter are a huge help for upcoming bands so take advantage of them.
8. If you were a fly whose wall where would you land on? Either Emma Watson or Taylor Swift. I would marry either of them on the spot.
CLICK THE PHOTO ABOVE TO PURCHASE "LOVE LIKE THIS"
Please login or register to add comments